Valentine’s day is the perfect time of year to show your loved one how much you care about them. And what better way to do that than with a delicious raspberry mocha latte?
This sweet and creamy coffee drink will put a smile on your special someone’s face and make their day extra memorable.
Whether it’s for breakfast, brunch, or dessert, this raspberry mocha latte will highlight any Valentine’s Day celebration! So get ready to whip up something special for your sweetheart with this easy-to-follow raspberry mocha latte recipe!
What’s in a raspberry mocha latte?
The beautiful thing about making any coffee drink at home is the ability to customize it to your preferences.
If you don’t like an overly sweet drink, add less sugar.
And if you are avoiding dairy, add any other kind of milk.
You can even decrease the number of espresso shots if you’re looking for less coffee taste.
And did I mention the money you’ll save by making coffee drinks at home?
So. Much. Money.
Without further ado, let’s go over the essential ingredients for this tasty drink!
You can easily use whatever type of milk you have on hand.
Use skim milk if you love body in your latte because it froths well.
The drink will have a richer flavor if you use whole milk or half-and-half.
And if you’re avoiding dairy milk, try oat or almond milk instead. While nut milk doesn’t froth well, it does add a slightly nutty flavor that blends well with coffee.
Adding a couple of ounces of raspberry syrup is a convenient way to add raspberry flavor to this drink. There are several different brands, although my favorite is DaVinci., ,
If you want to cut down on all the additives in artificial syrups, you can make your own all-natural raspberry mocha and get all the health benefits of cocoa and fresh raspberries!
Scroll down or click here for my exclusive recipe!
There are several different ways you can add chocolate flavor to this drink.
You can use pre-made chocolate sauce from brands including Ghirardelli or Torani sauces.,
Adding different varieties of chocolate will also give you slightly different flavors. Using dark chocolate or cocoa powder will result in a more savory drink.
And for a sweeter drink, try adding white chocolate sauce. This drink would be called a raspberry white chocolate mocha.
You can also use hot cocoa mix to add mocha flavor to the latte.
When it comes to adding coffee flavor, you have options!
If you have an espresso machine, pull a couple of shots of espresso and add to the steamed milk and flavorings.
Feel free to use decaf espresso if you’re making this drink after dinner. Click the Amazon link below for my favorite brand of decaf espresso.
If you don’t have an espresso machine, brew a pot of coffee twice as strong as you would generally brew it.
You can also use a Moka pot for a brew similar to espresso.
All Natural Raspberry Mocha Latte
- 1 cup milk + 2 tablespoons if desired for puree
- 5-7 raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar more or less depending on desired sweetness
- 1 shot espresso
- whipped cream or topping of your choice
- Use a blender or food processor to puree the raspberries with 2 tablespoons of milk or water.
- Optional: Put the raspberry puree through a fine cheesecloth to reserve the juice while eliminating the seeds.
- Add the milk to a saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar and cocoa until well combined. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the milk, cocoa, and powdered sugar are combined, add the raspberry syrup and continue heating to your desired temperature.
- Pull a shot of espresso.
- Pour the milk into your favorite mug and stir in the espresso.
- Top with your desired topping, decorate with a few curl of chocolate, and enjoy!
An espresso drink as delectable as a raspberry mocha deserves a unique finishing touch!
Add a bit of sugar to heavy whipping cream and beat with an electric mixer until it reaches your desired consistency.
You can also use Reddi-Whip or try my copycat 2-ingredient Soft Top.
A scoop of ice cream instead of whipped cream would be another way to add richness to this fantastic drink.
Finish with chocolate curls. Try adding sprinkles for a fun finishing touch!
Making raspberry mocha lattes at home is a great way to save money and customize your drink to your taste.
It’s also a fantastic way to show that special someone how much you care!
And this recipe is easily customizable based on whatever type of milk or flavorings you have available in the pantry.
So, the next time you want to treat or impress your friends or loved ones, whip up this raspberry mocha latte to enjoy!
And if you enjoyed this post, check out my other fun content featuring espresso drinks:
- How to Make an Irresistible Twix Latte
- How to Make a S’Mores Latte
- How to Make the Perfect Peppermint Mocha
- How to Make a Copycat Dunkin’ Donuts Dunkaccino
- How to Make Your Own Version of Dutch Bros Cocomo
- How to Find the Perfect Rose Gold Coffee Maker
- How to Make a Copycat Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- How to Make a Strawberry Latte